Friday, February 8, 2008

l.a. tool and die - daft name, brill band

it's very rare for me to post about something i just heard and just need everyone else to hear. this is a charlotte band that sent in their cd to our southeast performer offices, complete with this brilliant piece of promo:


and on the back:


ha! check out the band: l.a. tool and die. apparently they're named after a 1979 movie of some sort but i still think it's a daft name. still, can't wait to see how they do. we'll be sure to have them in the mag soon.

2 comments:

Julia R said...

ha! that's so great. and yes, I have accepted indie rock as my personal savior...

Rich said...

I can't believe I saw that top image and immediately recognized the 'Precious Moments' figures. I have no idea how some of this crap gets in my skull.

Have this CD on the way, and looking forward to hearing it.