Tuesday, January 6, 2009

i've been tagged!

the lovely girls at asian cajuns tagged me, the rules of which entail:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


this is great news for me, cos firstly i hadn't been posting anything for a while because work and the holidays were crazy, then i went on a mope because i lost my job when southeast performer folded right before xmas. harumph. but i'm all feeling better now.

so here goes!

1. i'm 1/2 british and 1/2 iranian, and have both american and british passports
2. i'm thinking about the names "cash," "alfred" and "ferrydoon" for when we have kids (for the boys, of course)
3. i love collecting tea cups, tea pots and other tea paraphernalia
4. i have a mild obsession with hats and got a hefty amount for christmas
5. my english and latin teacher in england also taught the manager/close friend of coldplay. said teacher (called mr. smith, if you can believe it), inspired me to become a writer (of sorts)
6. i've climbed ben nevis (with my dad), the highest peak in great britain. it was july, and i've never been so cold in my life

so there you have it. fascinating huh? if i can find some good pics i'll put them up to accompany the post. in the meantime, i'm tagging:

1. grandweerachel
2. fear of anthropods
3. caren explains it all
4. drive a faster car
5. eskimo bliss
6. cable and tweed

go forth and tag!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it cheating if I do mine on my personal blog instead of DaFC? ;)

Anonymous said...

Done! http://eskimobliss.com/2009/01/06/tagged/

theleila said...

@Kim ha! I love it! very cool
@tessa totally - that's fine, just post the link here =)

AsianCajuns said...

I love collecting teapots and tea cups too! Most of my collection is still at my parent's home and I miss it!

I can't believe you've climbed Ben Nevis! I've seen it from a distance and that was intimidating enough.

theleila said...

@asiancajuns ben nevis was totally mad - it was our second attempt actually. you can barely see a foot ahead of you at the top, and it's constantly blowing gales of freezing rain. i'm going to try and scan a pic we took of me up there - looking very wet and cold!

Unknown said...

AsianCajuns? Haha nice :-)

theleila said...

@keane - asiancajuns are the coolest girls around these parts! you should check out their blog

AsianCajuns said...

Well, shucks...we don't know what to say - except, yes! scan in your pics from Ben Nevis!

Acaislim said...

I love it !!
Very cool.