Tuesday, July 31, 2007

poor deerhunter lads

i read this on nme's site of all places. watch out for yourselves, kids.

bradford cox posted this on deerhunter's myspace blog...

"We got a friendly homecoming surprise last night in Atlanta when Lockett and I got robbed at gunpoint after our show at Lenny's last night. We literally had just walked off the stage and I was pretty wasted.

"I heard a commotion behind us but like I said I was pretty out of it. I just opened the door to the car and collapsed in the passenger seat. Then I heard all this yelling and I hear this loud metallic banging on the window and look up and there is a gun in my face and a guy yelling "get the fuck out the car man" I stumbled out and see the other guy has Lockett with his arms spread on the roof of his car and is patting him down.

"Lockett was begging them to leave me alone. The guy put his gun up to my temple and said, 'Give me EVERYTHING motherfucker I ain't fucking with you.' I just mumbled something and he put his hands in my pants and took everything I had. My cellphone, my wallet (empty except for credit/bank cards which Kristin immediately cancelled, and about 450 dollars in cash I had for my rent.) They also got all of Lockett's money. They even took my fucking Camel Ultralights and Orange Bic. All I can say is that I'm glad we are not dead."

just glad you guys are safe and sound. hope they find the cunts who robbed you!

No comments: