Monday, May 7, 2007

tomorrow never knows

it's been a minute since i've had a full-time job. yet at long last salvation has come: starting tomorrow i'll be editor at that brilliant regional rag for musician types, southeast performer. and i have to say, with all the freedoms i've appreciated whilst freelancing - the writing in pajamas, the sleeping in, the multi-tasking with house duties, the chatting with our menagerie of animals (4 in all) - i won't miss it an ounce.

waiting on checks that never come on time, not hearing back from pitches, having nothing to do one day and three articles due the next - nope, i'm done and done.

so hopefully this blog will be able to showcase some of my fave local and regional acts, as well as serving as somewhere for me to kvetch about the plethora of things which piss me off... and the list is growing. top of the list today: bass rattling my windows. just not needed mate. i like a good booty shaking as much as the next girl who probably has more rhythm than me, but unless that car is parked inside my living room, turn your bloody stereo down!

'nuff for today. i'm off to cook some dinner.

No comments: